Wednesday 22 August 2012

Shiny Disco Ball - NOTD #1

I nipped into Boots last weekend to restock on shampoo, and as I was loading my basket, this little beauty caught my eye. I have a few Rimmel nail polishes and although they aren't quite as easy to apply and as long lasting as higher end polishes such as OPI, I find them to be good quality for everyday! 



Disco Ball is a glitter polish with a mixture of finely milled silver glitter and bigger chunks of turquoise and lilac. It applied like a standard glitter polish and gave a reasonable coverage.  I did 3 coats for full coverage which is about average. As you can see, I put this straight onto bare nails and the blue glitter really stands out. I think it would have looked better on a colour, maybe a pastel blue or perhaps a neon colour!


Excuse the state of my nails - DIY and nails aren't a good mix!


All in all I think its quite a pretty look. I'm looking forward to trying the glitter on top of colours to see how it looks! Rimmel cosmetics are on 3 for 2 at Boots at the moment and I think the polishes retail individually for around £3.50


What's your favourite nail polish?


Cheerio
x





No comments:

Post a Comment