Wednesday 18 July 2012

Elastic Fantastic | Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer


I wanted to try Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer after hearing my hairdresser rave about it, so when I noticed that they now sold a range of sizes, I couldn't resist trying it.

According to the Phillip Kingsley, this product was created for Audrey Hepburn which excited me further. The product is suitable for all hair types and they claim that after just one application, this product provides elasticity (hence the name!) makes hair shiny, bouncy, contains protection against UV and helps to prolong colour, as I have coloured hair which is prone to dry ends that aren’t in the best condition so I had very high hopes for this product!

The Elasticizer is an ‘intensive, super-moisturising’pre-shampoo treatment, whose ingredients include Castor Seed Oil and Olive Husk Oil. I was interested to see what it would do to my greasy roots! The directions recommend those with finer hair use the treatment sparingly on the ends and mid-lengths, I followed this advice rather that applying all over my head. The treatment is a white, silky cream which smoothed onto my hair easily. It is also fragrance free which was nice as I sometimes find hair treatments a bit overpowering when they are perfumed.

After application I donned a plastic cap and watched Corrie for 20 minutes before rinsing, shampooing and conditioning my hair with my usual products. (The pack recommends using the appropriate Phillip Kingsley Shampoo, Conditioner and Scalp Toner – unfortunately I didn't have these products).

I am really pleased with the results – my hair feels soft and nourished but without any build up. My damaged ends look smoother and healthier and the mid-lengths feel thicker and fuller. As I colour my hair, I  would use this product once a week to keep it in tip top condition. Overall, I recommend this to those who have coloured or dry hair or those who feel like their hair needs a nourishing treat!

I would buy this again, I paid £7.25 for the 40ml size and will probably get another treatment from this as my hair is about bra strap length (technical description!), I feel this is pretty good value for money.

You can pick up Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer from the website here - prices start from £3.70 for 20ml. 

Have you ever tried this product? What treatments do you use on your hair?

Cheerio!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment