Friday 27 July 2012

Going for Gold, Silver and Bronze!

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you will know that today is the London 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony. In true British spirit, I shall be watching it on TV, drinking a cheeky Pimms and Lemonade from a Union Jack paper cup (left over from the Jubilee – think I went a little mad for the flag). I’m not a huge sports fan but I shall be tuning in to see the ceremony and will watch the Gymnastics (and I probably will be forced to sit through hours of other events courtesy of my partner)! As expected, many brands have jumped on the Olympic bandwagon so I decided I would share a few of my favourite sporting souvenirs with you.

First we have this creatively named Lily Lolo If Eye Were a Winner 3-Piece Eye Shadow Kit – a pretty box adorned with the London skyline which contains gold, silver and bronze eye colours. I really like Lily Lolo products and at £10 it’s gold from me!


 
 
If you’re like me and prefer eating to athletics, this tea towel from BOUF is for you. It is part of the Alternative Athlete range and has a unique 'fry up' version of the usual 5 rings and sports (get it?!) the slogan ‘Eat for Great Britain’ – it certainly made me chuckle!



For those who like to be patriotic and practical, this umbrella from Topshop is perfect. The umbrella sports (get it?!) graphics of various London attractions. There is also this cool tshirt which has a map of Victorian London print.  
Have you come across any interesting Olympic themed finds? Will you be watching the Opening Ceremony and events or be trying to hide from it all?
Cheerio!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment